Lately, I have been bombarded with life. Ever get that way? All of a sudden I feel the world is thrown at me but its not exactly what I’m looking for. Although I have my own quest, I still just go with the flow.
June is a very important month. A month of endings and beginnings. The ending of our Sunday school and siblings classes bring a tear to my eye. The moms that I have made friendships with, the children that I like to call my own, the teachers who I hold near and dear to my heart, I will miss tremendously.
But it’s also a time to celebrate, embrace and enjoy. During the summer, there are no sports, no school activities and no commitments except for birthdays and vacations. It’s a great time for our family to just be. It’s also our last summer before Kindergarten starts and we are in the process of moving. Goodbye endings, hello beginnings. We welcome new changes.
And even though there are many changes occurring, I’m still trying to stay focused on myself and my own personal growth. Usually this is when I put on a few pounds and embrace food but I’m trying not to. I can tell you, it’s no easy task. The five pounds I was supposed to lose has turned into seven so I need to quickly put an end to it. Changes can be stressful!
In lieu of being quite busy, I decided to make a list of Self Love activities to do. I say Self Love because they are all positive ways to improve oneself through through food, spirituality, fitness, mentally etc.
You may think I’m crazy for adding on extra things but I always feel like I’m important and of course, if I don’t take care of me, nobody else will.
I’m going to do a new activity every day but they can be done in whenever amount of time. The idea is to try something new or expand your palate or even get some fitness in and take care of yourself! Some ideas are small things some are big. It’s up to you to join but I would love to hear if you do.
How to Play:
If you want to play with me, complete the daily activity (with whatever seems fit to you that day) and/or share a photo on Fit Foodie Runs Facebook page or Instagram (@mamapoolecooks) #30daysofselflove
Show me how you show yourself Self LOVE!
What’s in it for you?
In return for playing, I have a “self love” care package that I will send to one awesome participant!
My intention is that we all take care of ourselves and show some love.
30 Days of Self Love Challenge
- Concentrate on thinking positive! (If you find yourself having negative thoughts, change them! Hard to do!)
- Focus on gratitude. Show/tell a person you are grateful for having them in your life.
- Exercise today!
- Get a good night sleep (I’m talking 7-9 hours.) Re-energize yourself.
- Eat a piece of fruit instead of candy or junk
- Sign up for an event: team event or volunteer
- Meditate (Find a place and be with your own thoughts.)
- Learn how to cook something new
- Use stairs instead of elevator
- Drink 8 glasses of water
- Eat fresh veggies
- Take a walk outside
- Stretch in the morning
- Give yourself a break (go shopping, enjoy a walk, do something for you)
- Turn off your phone (If even for a few hours) and enjoy what surrounds you
- Read a book
- Find your favorite mantra
- Make a meal plan
- Pack your lunch
- Try a new activity
- Do some strength training of your choice
- De-clutter your home. Clean out what you don’t need
- Eat a healthy snack
- Make someone happy, go out of your way to do something special for them
- Do something that makes you laugh and smile
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Make a list of reasons why you love yourself
- Dress-up! Make yourself look as beautiful as you are!
- Set a new goal.
Remember to tweet at: #30daysofselflove
Find me on Twitter @mamapoolecooks
Find me on Instagram: @mamapoolecooks
Show me on Facebook!
I can’t wait to embrace this month with you!
And since it’s Wednesday, come party with us too!
PARTY with us!!!!
Hosted by: Joy Focused Learning and Fit, Foodie Runs.
Link up to 3 family friendly posts from the following categories:
I have a few simple requests:
- Link back to the linky within your posts. You can use the button above or a simple text link.
- Visit atleast two other links and leave a comment. I would love if you mention you found the post through the Anything Goes link-up but that isn’t required!
- Share the link-up in some way to help it grow. You can share it through whichever social media platform you choose. The more people visit the linky, the more traffic it will generate for all of you!